Design Director, Ink
Reporting to the Executive Creative Director
Ink is looking for a Design Director to head up the design department in at their London HQ. The candidate will be responsible for managing and mentoring a team of 15-20 people, creating an award winning portfolio of individual titles, overseeing pitches and winning new business. Ink currently produces 32 print magazines and associated digital products from four global offices (London, Singapore, New York and Atlanta).
– Developing design concepts and producing sample spreads for new business pitches, and presenting these to potential clients.
– Departmental management including nurturing existing and new talent, distribution of workloads and creative staff recruitment.
– To constantly evolve existing magazines and digital products.
– Maintaining and creating departmental procedures to be followed by editorial, repro, production and design departments.
– Keeping abreast of design trends, both in the print, digital and the travel industry.
– Maintaining and improving the database of illustrators, photographers, typographers and freelance designers.
– Looking after the visual identity of the company.
– Hosting design meetings and inspiring our creative talent across the company.
– Selecting award entries.
– An award winning portfolio of ideas and publications.
– At least 5-10 years experience as an Art Director in the print industry.
– Management experience
– Full understanding of print process/production and full creative suite and supporting programs.
– Presentation or agency experience.
Salary TBC, dependant on experience.
Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, along with portfolio, CV and covering letter. Please mention magCulture!