The 2022 Christmas Cracker Raffle
Thank you everyone that bought a ticket; all twelve winning numbers have now been drawn, and winners notified.
Thank you everyone that bought tickets; thanks to you we’ll be passing over £1000 to Shelter From the Storm this year.
We’ve asked you to help us support London-based organisation, Shelter From the Storm for several Christmases now. And this year, their emergency overnight shelter providing beds, an evening meal and breakfast for 38 people, every night of the year, is more vital than ever.
We’re keeping the fund-raising simple: we’ve gathered 12 fabulous prizes from friends and partners including Vitsoe, Noble Rot, Present & Correct, Margaret Howell and The Gentlewoman. All you have to do is buy your Christmas Cracker Raffle ticket(s)—as many as you want—and check online for the winning numbers as we draw one ticket a day across 12 days.
Our friendship with SFtS began in 2019 and we’re super excited to be able to help raise money for them once again. They provide invaluable support for people that have experienced homelessness, and without government funding they rely entirely on individual donations to continue.
How does the ticket draw work?
We’ve revamped things slightly this year. We’ll be drawing a single winning ticket from the magCulture tombola every day over the last twelve days before the shop closes for Christmas. You know, 12 Days of Christmas style, with one prize per day.
The first ticket draw will take place at 3pm GMT on Thursday 8 December, and then at the same time every weekday through to Friday 23 December. All tickets will be added to the magCulture tombola as soon as they are purchased, and stay there for all 12 draws (unless they are drawn as a winner). Each day’s winning number will be announced as soon as drawn on Instagram (winners will be emailed too).
How much are the tickets?
Raffle tickets cost just £5 each and can either be bought online or in real life at the magCulture shop throughout December. There’s no limit to how many you can buy and 100% of every fiver spent will go to Shelter From the Storm so fill your Christmas boots.
Online buyers’ tickets will be taken from our raffle ticket book in strict order of purchase, and the number emailed to you.
Roll up! Roll up!
So, what’s up for grabs? We have a sackful of 12 brilliant prizes to be won this year. We list them here in order of draw:
• Signed copies of two excellent magazine-orientated books from 2022: ‘Totally Wired’ by Paul Gorman and ‘Animal House’ by James Brown (drawn, 8/12)
• A signed copy of new book ‘The Gourmand’s Egg’, donated by The Gourmand magazine team (drawn, 9/12)
• A rare copy of the limited edition fluffy edition of Buffalo Zine’s Pink issue 15 (drawn, 12/12)
• A selection of beautiful stationery goodies from our neighbours Present & Correct (drawn, 13/12)
• A six-month x 250g subscription to Allpress Espresso coffee (UK only) (drawn, 14/12)
• A beenie hat designed by Margaret Howell (drawn, 15/12)
• A selection of recent indie mags printed by Park Communications (drawn, 16/12)
• A magCulture t-shirt, keyring, and £50 shop token
• The Noble Rot ‘Greatest Hits’ mixed box of six bottles of wine
• A meal for two at The Hoxton’s brand new restuarant Chet’s
• A pair of The Gentlewoman x Tekla unisex pyjamas in Paper Ivory, with a matching double sheet and two pillow cases from Tekla
• A small, black Vitsoe 621 table, as used at the magCulture Shop
With huge thanks to all our friends for donating these prizes
I’m in, what do I do now?
—Buy your raffle tickets here
—And/or donate direct to Shelter From the Storm here