Skip to content

The Idler #97

148 x 210 mm, 160 pages
London, UK
Editor: Tom Hodgkinson
Art director: Alice Smith
Cover: Michael Dunbabin

A bimonthly magazine helping readers ‘to lead more fulfilled lives’ through idleness.

This latest issue is packed with facts and figures to convince anyone to quit their corporate job. Apparently, only 23% of the Earth's inhabitants like their work, so The Idler dedicates its July-August 2024 edition to the remaining 77% who would really like to quit: ‘We hope to show you that there is a rich life out there for those who have the courage to reduce their outgoings and quit their job.’ Viva la revolución!

On the Journal:
‘Tom Hodgkinson launched The Idler in 1993 as a celebration of loafing, taking the name from a 1758 essay by Dr Johnson… ‘Every man is, or hopes to be, an idler.’ 

Sorry, not enough stock!