The magCulture Christmas Cracker
Do you hear what I hear? Yes! It’s the return of our most MAG-ical charity raffle in support of London-based organisation, Shelter From the Storm—a free, emergency overnight shelter providing beds, an evening meal and breakfast for 38 people every night of the year.
Our friendship with SFtS began a little ways before the pandemic and we’re super excited to be able to help raise money for them once again. Throughout December, we’ll be shaking things up across the magCulture shop and website in order to raise awareness of, and funds for SFtS. They are, afterall, an organisation run solely on donations and daily support from volunteers (Danielle, our shop manager, being one of them!)
Great—tell us more!
Some of the things we’ll be doing are adding a ‘Donate Now’ button to our online shop so that, while doing your Christmas magShop, you can donate directly to SFtS (that’s it, above). There’ll also be a QR code at the magCulture shop for the whole of December so that, as you’re gazing lovingly at our mags, you can whip out your phone and easily send a couple of quid their way.
Christmas Cracker Charity Raffle
Then of course there’s the pièce de résistance! Our Christmas Cracker raffle draw which will be live-streamed on Instagram (@magCulture) straight from the magCulture shop on Thursday 16 December from 7pm.
Our plans to make more of the draw have been curtailed by Covid; the guest talks and live access to the raffle draw have been cancelled.
Raffle tickets cost just £5 each and can either be bought online or in real life at the magCulture shop throughout December. There’s no limit to how many you can buy and 100% of every fiver will go to Shelter From the Storm so fill your Christmas boots.
Online buyers’ ticket will be taken from our raffle ticket book in strict order of purchase, and the number emailed to you.
Please note the planned in-person event has been cancelled.
The prize draw will now be available only via Instagram Live. Please follow us on (@magCulture) and look out for the notification at 7pm on 16 December.
Roll up! Roll up!
So, what’s up for grabs? We have a sackful of 15 brilliant prizes to be won this year:
• A year’s subscription to Stack Magazines (UK residents only)
• A copy of the Acne Paper book
• Nine of the best indie magazines printed by Park Communications
• A year’s subscription to Apartamento Club
• A copy of exciting new magazine launch Inque
• Two separate one-year memberships for It’s Nice That’s Extra Nice
• Five bags of Allpress Espresso coffee
• A börek and two sides from Spasia Dinkovski’s Mystic Borek
• Beers and brewery tour tickets for two from Five Points Brewery
• Bottles of wine and back issues of Noble Rot
• A bundle of goodies from Present & Correct
• A £50 gift voucher from London Terrariums
• A magCulture t-shirt, keyring, and £50 shop voucher
• A small Vitsoe 621 table
I’m in, what do I do now?
—Buy your raffle tickets for the Instagram Live draw here
—Grab tickets for the (very limited) in-person, London event here.
—Add a donation when you buy from our online shop here.
—Donate to SftS via our Just Giving page here.